WHAT IS 6v6?
Soccer players and parents…looking for somewhere to get games, develop as a player, and have fun during the summer off season? Join us and remember why you all love this game. The 6v6 Summer League is at Vermes soccer fields, is an attempt to safely imitate pickup street soccer that is played so commonly in other countries. It’s a proven fact, small sided games help develop better skill due to the tight spaces, quick decisions and number of touches players get per game. The league is so players play in a stress free environment which encourages creativity and player development. All & any teams are welcome to join our league, however, please register by the deadline listed below, because we cannot guarantee any spots for any late registrations. Please register online at http://www.delranfc.com/. Remember, there is no better way for you or your player’s to improve their touch on the ball, speed of play, and mainly to have a blast with friends while playing soccer!
Please Note: If you register a team or guest player and you don’t receive a confirmation email please contact us to make sure the registration has gone through. Some cell phone browsers prevent the form submission.
DIVISION AGE BREAKDOWNS (based on the Spring 2019 ages)
In other words, the team’s age your player just finished playing for their club. We want everyone to enjoy playing with their teams from the old age groups for one more year. Enjoy!
U9 (U8 & U9)
U11 (U10 & U11)
U14 (U12, U13 & U14)
High School (HS)
The cost is $10 per game if you play 4 games or less. Guest players don’t have to be registered by team registration deadline, just before first game they play, VIA email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Game play: 2x20 min halves (running clock/NO STOPAGE TIME) | 5 min half time
• Only Coaches and players are allowed on bench/standing areas!
• There are no offsides in 6v6.
• Substitutions can be made anytime on the fly from the side where the teams are.
• No slide tackles (keepers are only players allowed to go to ground and only in the box)_
• When the ball is out of play it will be a kick in (4 seconds to kick once ball is retrieved and able to be kicked into play).
• Kick-ins are indirect except corners and opposing team must give 3yd radius of space to restart play.
• If ball is not kicked in 4 seconds it switches possession – unless the ball has to be chased down (corners become goal kicks and goal kicks corners).
• There are no goal kicks the keeper starts with the ball in their hands and it’s a goal throw. 4 second rule applies to the goal throw as well.
• 4 second rule applies to corners and goal kicks as well but not to penalties and kickoffs_.
Keepers cannot punt the ball nor do drop kicks. (Throw, roll, or set down and play with feet is Acceptable)
• Fouls are the same as soccer
• Any foul in the field of play will result in a direct kick. Opponents may defend but 5yd radius away.
• Any foul in the attacking penalty area is taken from the penalty spot
• Referees will keep a count of the fouls and after 5 fouls total in the game every foul after that is taken from the second penalty spot and there can be no wall. Players must stand 5 yds behind kick taker.
• Keepers cannot use hands if ball is passed back to them from their own team
• Keepers also cannot dribble the ball back into their box to pick it up
• The ball can only be passed back to the keeper’s feet once and must cross mid court or touch the other team before it can be played back to the gk again. This is to encourage players to go forward and attack.
FIELD OF PLAY/Ball
Dimensions: 25 yds wide x 40 yds long
Penalty Area: Box measuring 2-3 yds from each post, and 6 yds into field (deep)
Penalty Mark: 8 yds from the mid-point of the goal line
Substitution Zones: 6 yds zone (3 yds on each side of halfway-line) on the bench side of the pitch
The Goals: TBD by age
THE BALL Size: TBD by Age
• 6 is the minimal amount of players for a team, however 5 players is the minimal amount to start a game. (4&Gaolie) It does not matter how many players per team, however, only coaches & players are allowed on the designated game sidelines. COACHES, there NO coaching on the sidelines, meaning “NO Technical Instruction during a game.” You can control all the substitutes, however, we want the kids to learn to play the game for themselves. Coach them up before the game and during halftime, just not during the game. Also, no parents standing behind the designated game sidelines instructing teams or players as well.
• Teams must wear same color uniform and BRING AN ALTERNATE COLOR AS WELL. In case of conflict away team changes (2nd team listed on schedule). Numbers are not required on uniforms.
• Players can be younger than the age group but not older unless it is to complete a team that is short and the opposing team agrees.
• Straight red cards carry a two game suspension
• Two yellows mean a player has to sit out the rest of that game, not the next
• Any severe misconduct will be reviewed by head referee and league director to decide if Player can continue in the league.
Weather / Reschedules - If one half or more is played games will not be made up.
CLICK ON "REGISTER YOUR TEAM"